Tuesday, August 9, 2011

QUOTE OF THE DAY!


Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death. –Albert Einstein 


This is one of the quotes I used senior year during my graduation speech. It caught my eye in 2009 when I was looking for motivation for my speech and I saw it again this morning. I really value learning, intelligence, and personal growth. I tend to lose respect for people who do not value making themselves better. To live each day without attempting to better yourself, learn something new or grow in someway seems like such a waste to me. 

We are put on this earth, which is a blessing, we should make the most of it. Now I know some days all we want to do is sit back and relax, to chill and not really care about much of anything... I'm not saying you can't ever take a day off.. but just remember that your days are numbered. The quote says that intellectual growth should commence at birth and then end at death.. that may not seem like a big deal.. but imagine if death came tomorrow. Are you satisfied with what you've learned so far? 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I guess If my life ended tomorrow I wouldn't be ready to go, but I think I'm one of those people that will leave a big void if I was missing. I've been in contact with a lot of people and have an impact in a lot of people's life. Proud of you though. Seems like you've been doing a lot this summer. Keep up the work.

    ReplyDelete